We first went off to the Minamata Disease Memorial Monument which was dedicated to the people who died because of the disease. I felt very sad that they had to die for something which they did not deserve. Next, we were off to the Minamata disease museum which was full of information about the Minamata disease such as the history of it and how the Chisso Company did not stop the flow of mercury even when they knew they could. I learned a lot about the disease there. There was also a talk by a historian about the disease. Lastly, we went to the Eco Net where I learned that using the synthetic soap could pollute fish and kill them. So we can also save the environment by using natural soap. We also made soap with our groups and I felt very happy to do that as we used teamwork to get the job completed. Today was fun but I am sure that there was more to come.

Ryan

Comments (0)