Today, we went to Minamata Bay located in the Rose Garden which I eventually found out that it was a man-made reclaimed island. The greens there were very lush and eye-catching because of the colourful roses and flowers. The sea which was once contaminated with mercury is now a very beautiful and breath-taking tourist attraction so I hope that the people in Minamat can try to let go of the past and look forward to the future with their new sea.


After the visit to the sea and learning where they discharged the mercury, we went to the Minamata Disease Museum to learn more about the disease. It was very tragic for the people to go through that experience due to the company's inconsiderate action as I saw clips of people contracting that disease with the muscle spasm. It was terrifying to watch.


I tried to forget about the clip as we moved on to the next destination which was soap making with items that some people find in their house. I eventually realised that even soap can cause harm to the sea if the soap is made from synthetic chemicals. So, we went on to the actual soap making and I realised it was quite easy. If I had the ingredients, I would definitely try it out because I feel that after the things I saw and experienced, I want to do my part and help not to contribute pollution of anything to the sea or anywhere else.


Roy

Comments (0)